75100385

I graduated with a 2:2 degree 30 years ago but the dumbing

Customer Question

I graduated with a 2:2 degree 30 years ago but the dumbing down of degrees since then means that people who are less able than me are now receiving firsts. As a consequence I some times am rejected from jobs because I do not meet the academic criteria. Can I sue my ex university for devaluing my degree or force them to reissue me with a degree at a higher grade?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Sadly not. You have 6 years to bring a claim under the Limitation Act 1980 which means sadly you are 24 years out of time.In any event there would be no cause of action against the University - its a matter for them how they award degrees and just because things change does not mean you can get re-assessed.If you compare this to life situations - if you passed your driving test 20 years ago its not the same as today, yet people are not expected to take a new test when standards change.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/