29905560

Can an employer make a job redundant and at the same time create

Can an employer make a job redundant and at the same time create a new job with the same job description but at half the salary?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Are you working in the affected job and if so how long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been made redundant and have my appeal tomorrow. I have worked for the company for 4 years.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
What was the reason for redundancy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To reduce costs an restructure the sales team, which we had only just been transferred to within the last 6 months. Three people involved from the same pre sales team team in the redundancy process. I am not aware of any other redundancies.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will call in a few minutes