29905560

My wife has taken the 4 weeks of February as holiday from

Customer Question

Hi, my wife has taken the 4 weeks of February as holiday from her employer for the last 20 years of her 28 years of continuous service. Her contract states her entitlement is 5 weeks per year. Her new manager has said she can no longer do this, but only 2 weeks in one go. As she has done this for 20 years, does that constitute an unwritten contract, and if she went ahead and took the 4 weeks next year, could they dismiss her.?, many thanks Colin Clements.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello why is the employer not willing to let her do that any more?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - why is the employer not willing to let her do that any more?