29905560

I have just had key hole surgery on my arm and been given a

I have just had key hole surgery on my arm and been given a 6 week sick note my employer has said I have 8 days holiday due. I am on a 6 month contact so am I entitled to sick pay whilst on the note and not lose my holiday entitlement.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Are you an employee rather than self employed? Also how much do you earn weekly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben, I am an employee, and i am on a 15,000 salary
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
By law you would be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay if you meet the following criteria:· You are an employee· You have been ill for at least 4 days in a row· You earn at least £112 per week (before tax)· Tell the employer you are sick within 7 days of going off Assuming the above applies, you are entitled to SSP of £88.45 a week for up to 28 weeks. Your employer can force you to use up your holidays as part of your sick leave if they really wanted to and you would be paid your normal rate of pay then but for the rest you can expect SSP. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.