29905560

I have been working same employers in the last 18th

Customer Question

I have been working for the same employers in the last 18th months full time ( 42.5 hours a week, monday-friday ) without a written contract , yesterday I was informed by a txt message of the reduction of my working hours from the first of April ( from 42.5 to 30 ) . I would like to known if this procedure is legal and if I can do anything to protect my working hour ? Thank you
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am an employment lawyer and I am happy to help with your query. Have you been given any notice of this change and are you the only person affected by it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jenny , excuse me for the delay and I hope my writing in English is understandable. I was not informed directly of any change but to be onest after I asked for a copy of my contract 2/3 weeks ago an A4 leaflet was put on the fridge downstairs informing the staff of some changes in the following weeks to move the business forward. Then last week I was off sick ( Monday after 4 hour at work I have been sick and went home) and when the 23rd I txt to my employer to let him know I was ready to go back to work the following Monday (the 28th) I have been informed of my new shift for the week , he told me I was off till friday the first of April and then my new shift was 9.30 to 14.30 (5 hours instead of my usual 8.30 ) and now I got my next week rota too, 2 shift of 5 hours instead of my usual 42.5.
At this point I think would be better give my resignation , because I'm sure work with them will become impossible. What do you suggest ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you need more informations or would like to have a word send me a txt or a message and I will call you. My phone number is *****(###) ###-####, thank you