29905560

I have had written warning without a verbal one and its for

Customer Question

I have had written warning without a verbal one and its for not saying goodbuy to a mystery shopper never had a warning ever and its really upset me
Expert:  michael holly replied 1 year ago.
That is really harsh.A written warning should only be given where the "misconduct" is either repeated, that is someone has been told not to do something relatively trivial but does it again or where the misconduct is quite serious.Here a written warning seems overly harsh as you have a good record and , presumably , there was nothing else wrong with your service to the customer.Your employer must, by law, have an appeal process and you should appeal the written warning by sending/ handing in a letter stating that you wish to appeal the decision.I hope this helps. If there any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.Best wishesMichael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks I did everything right feel like im being singled out after a stomach operation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been in retail a long time this has made me feel ill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none else has had a warning like I have had been told that they are watching me for a month if not right I loose my job
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can they get rid of you for something as trivial as this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem I will rate you many thanks for your advice
Should they terminate your employment as a consequence of this you would have a claim for unfair dismissal against them.Please tell them you have spoken to a solicitor , that you wish to appeal the written warning and that you wish to receive a copy of the appeal procedure.I want them to know that you will fight your corner and that you have legal friends who will stand up for youMichael