29905560

I have worked present employer ten years.

Customer Question

I have worked for my present employer for almost ten years. They are reorganizing the department and have given me a new fixed-term contract for six months for the job I'm already doing while they recruit a new employee for a newly created position. Can they do this?
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am an employment lawyer and I am happy to help you today.Have they made you redundant from your original role? Have they said what will happen at the end of the fixed term contract?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They haven't made me redundant. They have said the redundancy will come at the end of the fixed term but there is nothing written in the contract other than they can end my job at any time giving me two weeks notice.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
what's the difference between the old and the new role?