29905560

Im wondering what I can do about my partners ex contact my

Im wondering what I can do about my partners ex contact my employer this week informing them that we are in a relationship
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What effect has this had on you or your job?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Luckily I haven't been suspended or lost my jobBut I have had to sit and explain myself to my Boss, and I have been told this has damaged my reputation
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
From the email she sent, it was clear she wanted to cause harm
I presume she told the truth?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
some of it is fabricated... she's accused me of breaking up her family unit which I haven't
and also accused me of staying in hotels which the company paid for and I haven'tshe also attached copies of personal letters which I wrote to my partner which she found when looking through his bagSo I've suffered extreme embarrassment too
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ideally i'd just like a warning letter sent to her informing her not to behave like this againI don't want her to think this will go unnoticed by me
If she had told the truth about what happened then it would not really be illegal to have done that. There is nothing topping someone from contacting another person or company and telling the truth about a third party, even if this results in embarrassment or affects them personally/professionally. The issues will arise if they had told untruths about you – that could amount to defamation. Alternatively, if they had done this more than once it could amount to harassment. Legally, I would not recommend that you actually take legal action as it can be very costly and complex, but you can indeed consider sending a warning letter to them, making it clear that their actions can be defamatory or harassing and request that they refrain from doing it again, otherwise you will have to take matters further. Such a letter can be sent personally by you, or if you want to add more weight to it you can get a solicitor to do this for you, although of course it would be at a cost. You may wish to consider sending a letter yourself fist then f things do not get resolved – use a solicitor to send a more formal one. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'