29905560

I am an employee of an nhs hospital and have been absent from

Customer Question

I am an employee of an nhs hospital and have been absent from work due to stress for about a month. Today I received a letter from my manager requesting I either attend her office or for her to visit my home in line with the Trust Attendance Management Policy!
I would point out that my GP has already signed me off with a fit note and I have provided my manager with a copy of this, and I have also already handed in my notice of resignation.
I don't see how this meeting can be of any benefit to me as my fit note covers me up until 2 days before the date I leave.
My question is, am I legally obliged to comply with her request of this meeting, and if I do not what may be the consequences?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello how long have you worked there for? Please note due to the time I will have to continue this in the morning many thanks