29905560

If you have 1 year service, can you only claim breach of

if you have 1 year service, can you only claim breach of contract only for financial loss i.e. holiday or notice pay etc.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What has happened in work, what are you trying to claim for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
changing place of work
duties without consent
bullying and stress - I think this is county court though
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If you have been continuously employed at your place of work for less than 2 years then your employment rights will indeed be somewhat limited. You cannot claim unfair or constructive dismissal (i.e. if you are sacked or forced to leave because or unreasonable behaviour, bullying, stress, etc). Bullying can be claimed in the county court but as a personal injury claim only if you have suffered a recognised psychiatric illness as a result. The claims that do not depend in length of service are: Discrimination because of gender, race, religion, age, a disability, sexual orientation, etc. or unfair treatment because you were trying to assert any of your statutory rights (e.g. requesting maternity/paternity leave, etc.). Also breach of contract where you have suffered financial losses as you have identified. So changing place of work and duties without consent cannot be claimed by you, and stress/bullying are only claimable if you can shoe they resulted in personal injury. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you