taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

It looks as though my employer is moving my role to another

Hi, it looks as though my employer is moving my role to another location. This would leave me with a more junior role to fill. I only have 7 months service. Do I have any rights in this situation. (I am Scotland based also).
Thanks,
Danny
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Are they saying your existing role will be redundant?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My employer has not said that yet, however has indicated that my role would be different as they will recruit someone in London to carry out my role as it current stands.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also they have asked my to write my own job description for the new role.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Sadly the main issue for you here is your length of service (as you have already identified). With less than 2 years service you have no right to redundancy pay or unfair dismissal in the event that the employer does this and you do not wish to take up the new role. The potential exception to this would be if you could demonstrate that the decision is discriminatory contrary to the Equality Act 2010, in other words puts you at a disadvantage on the basis of your age, race, sex, religion, disabilty or for raising a health and safety or other complaint, but this does not appear to be the case. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought as much, but wanted to check. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
no problem, all the best.