taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I've been working company months & submit timesheets

Hi. I've been working for a company for 2 months & submit timesheets & expense sheets 4 weekly. When I started I was told the wage was £9 ph weekdays, £10 Saturdays & £11 Sundays & also that we're paid for 12 hours per day whether we work that or not. I've been paid this for the last 2 months. Other people who started after me but doing the same job are earning either £9 or £10 per hour 7 days a week for 11 hours per day.The company are now saying that those of us on the higher rate are being paid incorrectly & they intend putting us all on the same lower rate (£9) & only 11 hours. Are they able to do this? Also in future we will be salaried, is there any benefit to this?
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. have they given you notice of the change?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One of my colleagues attended a meeting this morning & told me what was said. I have a meeting tomorrow morning
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Ok they can do this but only if they give you notice of a change in terms and conditions. This should be whatever the contract states the notice will be or if there is no contract 1 weeks notice. There is no real benefit to being salaried other than it will be be more regular for you.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Please do let me know if there is anything further you would like to know. If I have answered your quesiton I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello would you like any further help with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, thank you. You've answered my question, although not the answer I was hoping for!