taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I have raised a formal grievance at work to do with bullying

I have raised a formal grievance at work to do with bullying from my line manager. I have raised previous bullying issues that I have had with my line manager as both an informal grievance and a complaint to his line manager. These bullying instances have caused me to be off work. Even though these complaints at the time I thought had been successfully resolved, can medical evidence be submitted to the formal grievance for these previous issues to establish a pattern of behaviour?
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. HOw long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 1/2 years
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean that you want to present medical evidence on the impact of the previous occasions of bullying to the grievance hearing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even though those complaints were resolved informally, there is a clear pattern of behaviour so any evidence that can be produced that shows this should be relevant. I'm not trying to re-open complaints that have already been resolved, just trying to show a pattern of behaviour and it's effect on me
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is absolutely no reason you should not be able to present this information as it relevant to the current situation. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would be so kind to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** me. I just wanted to make sure that work could not come back at me saying this new information is not relevant because the previous complaints had been resolved
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I rate your answer?