Experience:  30 years experience as a solicitor.
31090051

I work large organisation and have a contract to state

I work for a large organisation and have a contract to state that I work at a specific care home and that I will not need to go to any other place of business to work I have worked there 15 years on Monday they came and said that I was moving to another care home which is smaller than mine and I would be moving next week. All other employees have a cont ract stating the organisation as their employer and stipulates they can be moved to other locations can I do anything under breach of contract
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked if this was anything to do work and told my work was great and u should not even have to ask this they saud for purely business reasons.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Even if it is for business reasons, they have to have your agreement before trying to transfer you. If they don't they are in breach of contract. Unless they can make your current post redundant with all that entails, you would have a claim for breach of contract, yes. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached the other contract as you can see it differs from mine as my employer is my location Kirknowe this was put in place 15yrs agowhen I was employed also the section jo location mine does not state I have to work at any other location . I am meeting my boss in Friday should u raise a grievance if they are still insisting I should move
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also my post will be vacant until someone else is transferred in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry realised had not attached my contract that has been on my file 15 years
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
The correct way of doing it is to raise a grievance in respect that they are in breach of contract.