29905560

We have hired a night nanny newborn weeks.

Customer Question

Hi, we have hired a night nanny for our newborn for 8 weeks. There is no contract and only an email confirming that we confirm the 8 week period. She has started one week ago but we have now decided that we don't want her to continue ie would like to cancel the rest of the time. What are our options? Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our decision is partly based on her behaviour and expertise and partly due to a misunderstanding of her approach before she started.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I would like to get an email response please. Thank you
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
No problem, can you explain more about the behviour you object to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Initially she introduced the formula to the baby without my consent. I would like to breastfeed and nanny's approach is to include formula which wasn't clear before she started. After a conversation she has now agreed to support me but I think this is temporary.
I feel I have to follow her approach rather than her helping me long term.
She has also been turning our camera away from the room without speaking to us so we are questioning this behaviour.
She has also given me incorrect advice about breastfeeding.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
had you told her you were breastfeeding before she started?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I told her that I would like to but this is nature and no one knew whether it will work or not.
When we came from hospital she knew I was breastfeeding so techinally that was before she started. She simply told me the baby was hungry and needed formula
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
well that is absolutely appalling as a mother of 2 breastfed babies I can completely understand where you are coming from. Did you tell her that the employment was for a fixed term of 8 weeks or discuss notice at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, we didn't discuss the notice period. It was just agreed to 8 weeks
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
ok please bear with me while I prepare a response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jenny, when can I expect your reply please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, could you respond please?