29905560

Good morning, It has been a while since my first question,

Good morning,
It has been a while since my first question, 12th March.
Ben Jones replied to me with a very helpful answer then.
Now I have another question, hopefully last, to help me once again...
I am attending a grievance appeal meeting tomorrow, Fri 6thMay 2016.
I am bringing a co-worker as a witness with me.
Although I think it should be pretty straight forward and the outcome will not
uphold my grievance, my question is:
Anything I should never do, eg. signing any papers, agreements, etc.
Can I negotiate any pay-out with the company verbally, or written...,
before resigning and proceed to an employment tribunal?
I would very much appreciate your help in this matter, as soon as you could do.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello it's me again let me go through the old correspondence and will get back to you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I would not say that there is anything which you must specifically not do. I cannot say you should never sign anything because it really depends on what it is. The employer cannot jut settle with you unless you have sought formal legal advice and had this signed off by a solicitor so whether you sign anything in terms of settlement at the meeting or not makes no difference - it will not be legally binding. So you are able to negotiate with them in terms of a settlement and this can be done verbally or in writing - it does not matter. However, once you have agreed on something then they need to draw up a formal written agreement and allow you to get advised on it by a solicitor, before it is signed by both parties and is made legally binding. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you