29905560

My organisation is going through a restructure and my

My organisation is going through a restructure and my role is going to be made redundant, being replaced by another role at a slightly higher level.
As part of the process we were offered the option of applying for the new role or for voluntary severance. If we are not successful in the application process we will be made redundant. The deadline for applications including the VS application was 4.30pm last Friday. I applied for the post. Having reflected over the weekend I now feel I have made a mistake and would like to withdraw from the process.
My questions are:
Can I go back to them and ask for VS at this stage?
If I withdraw at this stage will I still be eligible for the redundancy package that they offered, which was very favourable?
If not eligible for the package would I still be eligible for a redundancy payment?
We were given two weeks from being told what was happening to getting our applications in, it has been an incredible stressful two weeks and I am now starting to feel unwell. I do not want to speak to them until I am certain of where I stand because I feel the repercussions could be significant.
I appreciate your help.
Many thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies I clicked on the call button by mistake.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello how long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,For 16 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you forward the service offer for a call please?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Nice talking to you just now, I just need to reply to this as I have to b the last person to post on here to close the question so please do not reply to this. All the best