29905560

I need to ask some questions regarding contract law. I'm in

I need to ask some questions regarding contract law. I'm in the entertainment business and someone is trying to say that I'm in breach of my contract.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Can you please tell me whether this person is a customer/supplier and the nature of the issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This person is a promoter that deals with live acts across Southeast London. I am one of the live acts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never signed a contract. So am I in a contract?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached the standard terms of business which of the motor is calling the contract.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is somebody there?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your patience. The first thing to note in these circumstances is that a legally binding contract can exist even if there was nothing agreed or signed in writing. Under law, a contract can exist if there was an offer and acceptance. So if one party had made an offer and the other party had accepted it, a contract could be implied into place. So let’s take as an example a situation where you, as the live act, had agreed to work with the promoter. The promoter offered you the chance to work with them, for example by saying that they will place you on their books or advertise your services and in turn you agreed to that proposal. All of this could give rise to a binding contract, even if you did not sign anything in writing. That is because as mentioned a contract could be implied into place.However, even if a contract was implied, that does not mean that a written set of terms would be binding on you, if you had not seen them beforehand. So the promoter may not be able to rely on the contract you showed me, if you had not seen it before you accepted his offer. So whilst some more general terms would still apply, the more specific ones they may want to rely on may not necessarily. This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the rights you have should the other party decide to take the matter further, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there I no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** please let me know what the other side is trying to enforce under the contract?