29905560

I am currently in the process of a tribunal. I was dismissed

I am currently in the process of a tribunal. I was dismissed for "fraudulent claims of overtime for hours not worked". I was able to produce evidence at my disciplinary that showed the hours were worked which they accepted and I have it on recordings that they were happy the hours were worked but I was dismissed anyway. This stopped me being able to get a job for 6 months as no one would employ me once I told them the reason for my dismissal. Is this evidence enough to be seeking full loss of earning for the 6 months of unemployment?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Please can you tell me how long you were employed at this company for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, just under 10 years
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your patience. In an unfair dismissal claim you would be seeking a compensatory award, which can include loss of earnings as a result of the dismissal. This is intended to put the claimant in the position they would have been financially, had they not been unfairly dismissed. The claimant will therefore need to provide evidence of their losses and steps they have undertaken to try and reduce these, such as evidence of job applications and rejections, etc. So as long as the dismissal was deemed unfair, that you were left out of a job as a result of it, that you have tried to mitigate your loss by seeking new employment and that you were unsuccessful for reasons beyond your control you may indeed seek full compensation for the period in question. However, it is still down to the tribunal to decide whether to award that. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'