29905560

I work in a restaurant 19 years. At the end of July the

Good afternoon. I work in a restaurant for over 19 years. At the end of July the restaurant is going to close . I already received my redundancy letter. I would like to know my rights. Thank you .
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

What specific rights are you enquiring about please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm 42 year old , I'm entitle to receive any money for all the years I've been working ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How does it works? Is there any specific rights for theses cases?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

What did your employer offer you, did they say what you are entitled in your redundancy letter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, didn't offer anything . The only thing he did was giving me 3 months notice and didn't mention nothing else in the letter.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

When your place of work closes down, this is a redundancy situation and this is confirmed under the Employment Rights Act 1996. So your employer will have to pay you in accordance with redundancy provisions. You are entitled to the following:

· Your notice period, which cannot be less than 12 week in your case

· Any outstanding holidays

· Redundancy payment, which you can calculate here: https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-redundancy-pay

Unless the employer is becoming insolvent, they will be responsible for these payments and you have the right to receive them on termination of your employment.

This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the rights you have should they refuse to pay you what you are due, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there is no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you