29905560

In April I contracted the services of a marketing specialist

Customer Question

Hi There,In April I contracted the services of a marketing specialist based on the Philippines. I used a contract of employment governed by UK Law for the purposes of working with them, but they were essentially paid as a contractor.At no time did they sign the contract.During April, this Marketing specialist recruited the services of 4 additional contractors who had no form of contract with me.During the period of April and into May, I was unhappy with the quality of work, and on numerous occasions asked them to provide me evidence of the work being carried out.Long story short I terminated work on 19th. Since then I have been sent their work and to say its underwhelming is an understatement.They are now asking for full pay up to the date of termination, something I am reluctant to do because of the lack of contact to that point and the subsequent standard of the work produced, although I am prepared to discuss a reduced fee.I have now been sent the following:Attention to: ***** *****This is a notice for the Payment of services rendered by the Marketing Team as well as software and utilities procured by the same team for Avian-CI.I have advised the office of my Attorney and will be filing a report to the Better Business Bureau, Department of Trade and Industry in the Philippines, Office of Fair Trade (UK), UK Trading Standards, and the British Embassy in the Philippines by June 6, 2016 if payments are not settled.Investigation on the case will commence as soon as complaints are filed, and will prohibit you as an individual to do any more business in the region. We will also go foward with coverage of costs for moral damages as well as legal fees.We did not want to push it to this extent but you, as a professional individual, should know better that it is not morally correct to lock in your employees to company expenses and not pay for it, as well as hire people and not pay them for their services or delay payments for services already rendered.Please remit payments before Monday, June 6, 2016.What I want to know is considering there is one contract government by UK law that hasn't been signed, what legal rights do they have to pursue the above?Many Thanks
Gavin
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Ben, what are your thoughts on my problem? Thanks Gavin

Hi there Gavin. What would be the ideal outcome for you in this situation so that I can look at your options.

Hi there. Thank you for your request for a phone call. I am unable to talk at the moment but if you provide the information requested, I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message after you have provided the information as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you

Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ideal option would basically be to tell them to go away - i am so unhappy with their work, but now its the way they are conducting themselves...So if I can simply say, go away and explicitly tell him why he has no legal case that would be great!

Hi just tried calling, are you available?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Ben, are you free for a quick call?thanks Gavin

Hello Gavin, unfortunately I will not be available until Thursday, if that helps?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Ben,If I sent you my question could you answer on here instead of the phone call?If not Thursday is ok.Thanks
Gavin

If you could please post it as a new question on this site for my attention, I should be able to answer it tomorrow, thanks