29905560

I have worked at my currently employer 12 years. I was

Customer Question

I have worked at my currently employer for over 12 years. I was recently offered a new job and welcomed the change in career. I gave my employer written notice. Following this, a few days later I received a text message from the owner telling me they had no more work for me and I can leave right away. However I believe I'm owed 12 weeks notice. They payed me for less than a weeks work. I believe this to be in spite as I wanted to leave. I have since started my new job. I've been told by the previous employer that should I start litigation I will burn my bridges with them
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ben
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. What notice period did your employer require? Also, did they provide you with any reason for asking you to leave without having to work your notice period? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A notice period was never stipulated. I assumed it was one week per year of active employment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they did not. They told me no work was avaliable. ( construction trade )
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you