29905560

I started a new job on Monday at a nursery working with a

Customer Question

Good morning
I started a new job on Monday at a nursery working with a child who had special educational needs. I have received no formal contract in writing stating this, my hours, holidays, period of notice etc . I was supposed to have an induction prior to starting work but this did not take place.
The child I was assigned to work with has special educational needs, she cannot weight bear and basically throws herself around. So this is a clear health and safety and Safeguarding risk as other children are present, toys are around and I was placed on a mat with the child she could easily have slipped and hit her head on the floor. I received no information about her medical, care or educational needs. While working with the child a clinician made a visit and asked me if I knew her medical condition which of course I did not. I felt very uncomfortable with this.
Due to not feeling safe working with the child, I contacted the manager today via email to tell her my concerns and that I would not be returning. She has responded with an email back asking if I will be in today and that there is no one available to look after the child.
I am concerned that she may try to put me in a difficult situation. Please can you advise.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

What are you hoping to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to achieve some further understanding to the question I asked.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

ok and what do you mean by putting you in a difficult situation? Also what I meant by what you are hoping to achieve I meant in a sense with the employer, not on our site, thanks