29905560

My husband works small company and has been there just under

Customer Question

My husband works for a small company and has been there just under a year. Today his boss said that he didn't think things were working out and has asked him to leave the company - they are looking to agree a notice period and exit plan. This decision has come very quickly and there has been no mechanism to address any of the issues/make any improvements on my husbands side. He has not lost the company any money, in fact things have improved and he has the figures to support this. His boss said that he is not delivering as a leader but as said hasn't given him any chance to do this. In his contract he is also due a bonus but looks like his boss may try to not pay this. Legally what grounds does my husband have - I realise he has less than 2 years service so cannot claim unfair dismissal but I can't see a fair reason for ending his contract? Should he be looking at a consensual termination and trying to get as much as he can out of this? And an agreed reference?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Does he have a contractual notice period and also what is the criteria for the bonus payment?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Does he have a contractual notice period and also what is the criteria for the bonus payment?