29905560

I am a contractor (self employed). I was working on a client

Customer Question

I am a contractor (self employed). I was working on a client site / premises and was discriminated by other contractors. We all are working through a contracting firm. I brought the discrimination to the notice of the end user / client and they did not do anything about it. Can I make the client a party ?(Occupiers liability ?)
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Please can you briefly describe how you discriminated against by the other contractors?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben, you responded to me day before yesterday about similar matters. It was race discrimination, harassment and victimisation for my complaints.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Please can you briefly outline details of the discrimination you have been experiencing. I will then review the relevant information and laws and get back to you as soon as I can. As before, please do not respond to this message after you have provided the information requested as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This question is in reference to this series of questions over here - http://my.justanswer.co.uk/question/index/4f39b0cbe45041b4a5873bef195db1e6?continueTheConversation=False&comingFromAdservEmail=False&ratedThroughEmail=False&rating=0&fromPayPal=False
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please reply here as well ?? http://my.justanswer.co.uk/question/index/6219f461c8e149a98a271bbf42f411ea?continueTheConversation=False&comingFromAdservEmail=False&ratedThroughEmail=False&rating=0&fromPayPal=False
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for a response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Details of discrimination - there were various incidents of bullying and harassment. Overburdening of work and differential treatment compared to other colleagues and denial of growth and recognition. The senior managers refused to entertain complaints concerned with discrimination and threatened with consequences if I made any written complaints. They never updated or fully investigated a complaint concerned with discrimination.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi, sorry computer issues prevented me from replying earlier. After having discussed this matter at length, I am not really sure I can add anything further to make you sue the company. This is not going to be an occupier's liability issue. The only potential way of suing the company is via vicarious liability, but we have already identified in what circumstances that would be possible (or not as the case may be). I know what you are trying to achieve but the potential ways of doing this have already been discussed and in reality these are your only options in the circumstances

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you :) , please try to have a look at the other question / link and I will ask you only new questions !
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi I have looked at it but really cannot add more than what I have said previously, in that the employment relationship will be decided by a judge based on the established factors which determine this (i.e. control, personal service,mutuality of obligation, etc).