michael holly
michael holly, Solicitor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience of dealing with employment law matters and qualified mediator
12609314

I'm about to start a new job. I'm not entitled to a company

I'm about to start a new job. I'm not entitled to a company car but they want to put me on the company car policy. Driving is not part of my job. Can I refuse to put my name on the policy

You can refuse for the reasons you have given but I would not.

Whilst I appreciate you will not have a company car and driving is not part of your job, I think that they want to put you on the company policy in case you should you ever have to drive a company vehicle in , say, an emergency. This way you are insured to do so.

If there are any further points please respond I will be happy to reply further.

Best wishes

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want anything to do with a company vehicle. It's not part of my contract. I'm an admin worker. So you say I can refuse ?

Yes, you can refuse as it is not something that reasonably forms part of your duties

Michael