How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask michael holly Your Own Question
michael holly
michael holly, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6818
Experience:  Over 20 years experience of dealing with employment law matters and qualified mediator
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
michael holly is online now

I'm about to start a new job. I'm not entitled to a company

Resolved Question:

I'm about to start a new job. I'm not entitled to a company car but they want to put me on the company car policy. Driving is not part of my job. Can I refuse to put my name on the policy
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  michael holly replied 1 year ago.

You can refuse for the reasons you have given but I would not.

Whilst I appreciate you will not have a company car and driving is not part of your job, I think that they want to put you on the company policy in case you should you ever have to drive a company vehicle in , say, an emergency. This way you are insured to do so.

If there are any further points please respond I will be happy to reply further.

Best wishes


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want anything to do with a company vehicle. It's not part of my contract. I'm an admin worker. So you say I can refuse ?
Expert:  michael holly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you can refuse as it is not something that reasonably forms part of your duties


michael holly and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Employment Law Questions