29905560

Apologies , however, I was just wondering if the contract I

Customer Question

Good Afternoon,Apologies for asking, however, I was just wondering if the contract I sent yesterday has been received and whether I should hear something back on my case today or not? I will need to reply to my company soon and was just wondering what the next steps are with my case?I greatly appreciate your time and efforts in helping me with my case,Daniel
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Are you able to upload the contract on here please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Ben, thanks for your reply. Are you able to see my previous conversation with JGM from yesterday? I only ask as it contains some information regarding my problem? I can upload the contract if this helps, I did receive an email yesterday saying that it had been passed on to an expert? Is it confidential to upload onto this site?

Hi this is a public site but I can give you another option - you can use www.mediafire.com, which is a free file hosting service to upload the document, then post the link on here and I will download it straight away, then you can delete the file and no one can access it again, so it avoids any privacy issues from leaving it on here.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Ben, thanks for this suggestion, the link is as follows. Are you aware of my situation, can you see the previous conversation I had?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1n8v97iyb9n2hoc/Daniel+McGeechan+-+Training+Agreement.pdf

ok I have it now you can deactivate the link. I can see the history of your previous question, I just need to read it in some more detail first

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
In a nut shell, I signed the contract under the impression that I was going to receive a large amount of courses for what they were stating as a max of 10K. The schedule I do not recall seeing when signing the agreement, and the courses which I received qualifications for add up to a max of £900 through the provider they used which was online learning portal. I received no written information of changes to the schedule (which is one of the clauses) and once I left they are now trying to hit me for the full 10k. I asked for a breakdown of how they came to this amount of costs as I do not feel I received anywhere near that amount and the email answer I received is as follows. I do not believe the contract states that it contains costs for HR, Recruitment or Academy Overheads? Also there were 8 of us on this programme so I'm not sure where the training costs come from considering it was online for 2 weeks for the courses I gained qualifications, and talk throughs from permanent staff all other times, no external instructors. Where do I stand with debating this amount and coming to a sensible arrangement for paying money back? I appreciate this is a lot of info, I just feel I am being bullied into paying a ridiculous amount for what was received?
Dear *****iel,
Thank you for your email. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to you.
The course costs listed in the Acceptance of Resignation letter match the weeks of training you received. A more detailed breakdown of the course content and costs is set out in your Training Agreement (see attached, Schedule 1). You accepted these costs when you signed the Training Agreement and continued with the training course beyond the 1 week induction period.
For your own background, the costs for all our courses are calculated centrally and take into account the following items:
· the cost to FDM of recruiting you;
· the cost to FDM of the training provided; and
· the background costs associated with the provision of training and placing candidates, such as academy overheads, insurance, HR support.
The costs referred to are calculated at a group level, then divided down per course and per student, factoring in any external exams costs for certain streams etc. FDM is a publicly traded company and the detailed group-level costs (such as academy overheads, trainer salaries) are confidential. These would of course be provided on a confidential basis during any court proceedings, but I am hoping we will resolve this matter before that.
I hope the above is helpful. I am aware that the amount you owe is significant and I’m willing to consider a sensible monthly repayment plan if that would assist?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for confirming receipt of the contract, I really appreciate your help with this as I feel they are bulling me into far more than what I received and not breaking down how costs have came to be. I really appreciate you help with this as this will be a massive blow to my family. Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not sure if this means anything, however, during these courses I was not receiving an income from the company.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there anything I can do? Im just worried about spending more money on a call if I am going to be hit with 10k also?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am happy to spend it if there is some form of solution or way of paying less/a reasonable monthly payment etc?

yes there are options for you, also do not worry about the extra costs on the call I will discuss these with you when we speak

Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you Ben, phone details sent. I really appreciate any advice you can give.

Calling now