29905560

Yesterday I was told that my part time Reception position

Customer Question

Yesterday I was told that my part time Reception position may be made redundant in the coming weeks. They claim they are restructuring and doing away with Reception (which seems odd to me as its a very busy Reception in a company of 120+ people) and distributing the duties to a team of PAs/Assistants which will include a new position. I am a permanent employee and have been with the company 2 years the first week of August. They did not offer that new position to me but said I could apply for it. They have treated me badly in the past with a gross misconduct hearing for simply saying that I felt they shouldn't use so many temps and they should hire another permanent Receptionist.
I feel that I'm being discriminated against for being part time, a single older parent and an American (British National as well). I believe the reason for this impending redundancy is because they don't like me and my effective, outspokenness and want to get rid of me and they are sugar coating it with other reasons. They are consulting with me next week. I think they'll try to do this before the 2 year anniversary to avoid paying me redundancy money. Please advise me as to what I need to prepare and do.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello what are you hoping to achieve in the circumstances please?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - what are you hoping to achieve in the circumstances please?