29905560

I work in a place that makes artexed moulds and other

Customer Question

I work in a place that makes artexed moulds for ceilings and other decorative areas. My job is a mould caster. Yesterday at approx. 2pm I was going conducting my job when my head hit a jig ( this is a wooden plaster mould) that is suspended from the window girder. The jig then fell on top of my head and cut my head open and I was asked by management what I had done wrong. My colleagues stated that I had done 'nothing wrong' as the jigs are hanging from every window girder and the one that fell down on me knocked the next one down too. I went to the office, where the first aider is and they tried to stop the bleeding and initially said that they didn't think that I would need to get medical attention but when applying pressure I said it really hurt and I was taken to the local health centre. I had the wound (wish has just missed my temple) cleaned and they applied some glue. I was concerned that I wouldn't get paid sick leave as this is not normally paid but on calling the company today they said that I would be paid whilst I was on sick leave. What I would like to know is:1. What they should be doing as a company due to this injury at work. i.e. secure the jigs and tie then rather than just have them dangling.
2. Should a report be written in the accident book at work and also sent to HSE i.e. what should the company be doing to log this accident and who should be notified.
3. If I decide to claim for an accident at work at what timescale do I need to raise my claim?
4. I was taken to the local health centre - should I go to hospital and have a head xray done?
5. If I don't raise a claim immediately but suffer side affects at a later date that are related to this accident - can I still claim? and how long have I got to raise a claim?
6. As the accident happened at work is it compulsory that they pay me sick pay all the while I am on on sick leave.?
7. As the jigs are dangling precariously from the window girders if they are not secured since me having this accident I will be concerned about this type of incident happening again - is there anything I can do to raise this to their attention if they do not change their working practices and apply health and safety at work.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for responding Ben - do you have all the information you need to respond to my question?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Before I can answer your questions, please can you tell me whether the incident was recorded in anyway or if you were asked to provide a statement of some sort in relation to this. Please can you also tell me how long you have worked there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was asked "what happened" and I explained the events. I was not asked to provide a statement and I am not aware of any records being taken at the time of the incident. I have worked for this company for 2 years 10 months - I started work August 2013.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK, thank you for your response. I will go ahead and review the relevant information and laws and get back to you either in a short while or tomorrow. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your questions to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben, do you have any news for us? I appreciate you said not to respond to your message but we have no other means of contacting you and seeing that you're online it would be good to have an answer before the weekend - many thanks.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi, sorry for the delay, I sent you an underpriced report in relation to this as currently there are far too many issues to consider for the value of the question (being the lowest available). Have you received that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben, we didn't get the report which is why I requested a call. Can you confirm when you sent it? thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben, appreciate it's your weekend but if you can send the report again that would be great - thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also please advise what the price is to cover the full report? Thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi I just tried calling, let me know when yo are available again, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben, I'm free to call now
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

ok calling again