29905560

Last October I found that I was not able to cope at work and

Last October I found that I was not able to cope at work and I wasn't sure what was wrong with me and on the 8th of October last I was sent home by my employer. I went to the Doctors and I was immediately signed off for 10 weeks, which my GP felt was possibly due to stress. Previously I had split up from my long term partner of 13 years as she could not cope with me. In January I was diagnosed as having vascular dementia which came as a huge shock to both of us. In hindsight I felt there might be something more that stress. I believe that the working environment played a huge part in my illness as the relationship with my line manager was not good. Since October I have met with my employer twice, the last time was a week ago. At this meeting it was made clear to me that the company felt that I had dementia which was nothing to do with stress, despite the fact that the company have had an internal review of working practices and retraining of my line manager.
It has to be acknowledged that I was being paid my full salary throughout as well as a pay rise and a bounus.
I discovered two weeks into my illness that the company has a Global RA/MS that was never rolled out to any of the employees and I have still not had any recognition from senior management that it will be. At the end of my last meeting with my employer (last week) they informed me that there was no longer a job for me. When I responded that they were in breach of their own Global RA/MS and therefore had not met their duty of care to me, they began to say that we dont need to involve any other parties and intimated that a financial settlement may be a possibility. As I have said, this is a global company who I consider have been less than fair. Please could I have your opinion? Best regards ***** *****
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?

Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry Ben got tied up
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
have been withthem 13 years

Calling now