29905560

I am considering accepting a new job offer. There is a

Customer Question

I am considering accepting a new job offer. There is a probation period of 6 months with 1 months notice, then after the probation period the notice period becomes 6 months. Before accepting I want to negotiate a guaranteed 6 months probation period, followed by 6 months notice, in essence getting a guarantee of 1 year employment as a minimum. Is this a common request ? How can I phrase this request in simple terms?
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi Gabriel

What exactly do you mean by guaranteeing the probation period?

The purpose of the probation period is to give the employer a chance to terminate the contract on reduced notice if the employer wants to terminate for any reason. This is standard practice.

Can you clarify what you mean by the guarantee?