29905560

I have worked company Years I was approached by them to

Customer Question

I have worked for a company for 10 Years
I was approached by them to offer me a different job on a lower grade within the company.
I agreed to accept the move
My old job was then made redundant and the responsibilities redeployed
I was then given a letter of employment which explained the new T&C's and said that I had 1 month to change my mind and take redundancy
I started the new job and within the month and even to date, I have not had an opportunity to assess the job as my team are not fully in place,
Since starting the new job the responsibilities have changed (although the company refute this) and I have now decided I hate it and want to leave.
At no time have I been given an individual consultation to explain my options (new jobs or sizing the redundancy package).
Although I have now been in the new post for three months I wondered whether the lack of consultation entitled me to a redundancy package.
I am definitely going to leave the company In the near future but wondered if I had a claim and if so how to pursue it
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not appear to have an answer to my question within 24 hours
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Still no answer can I have refund please
Expert:  Barrister Khan replied 5 months ago.

Hello thank you for your message.

From the facts you have stated, you have an arguable case before the employment tribunal. Clearly if responsibilities have changed and you were not afforded a private consultation, then your previous job has disappeared. In my opinion you have a right to redundancy package.

The process of starting your claim is to ask your employer for the payment in writing. You must write within six months of the date your employment ends. This applies both to statutory redundancy pay and contractual redundancy pay. If they still don't give you the payment, you can make a claim to an employment tribunal.

Naveed