29905560

Can I submit exhibits with a claim form to Employment

Customer Question

Can I submit exhibits with a claim form to Employment Tribunal ? Is there any restriction on how long the claim form can be ? The document which I prepared seems to be of 9 pages.The claim is concerned with Breach of Contract, Unfair Dismissal, Race Discrimination and Harassment and Victimisation. How much fees do you think I need to pay ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. What exhibits are you wishing to submit exactly?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Exhibits or Appendices of evidence of emails and contract etc.

You do not submit evidence and exhibits with you claim form. This comes later in the process when the disclosure process takes place. You will be directed by the tribunal later on when you need to this and what you need to do. So do not send these in yet. You can put as much detail as you need in the claim form but remember that a lot of the detail will also come from your witness statement later on in the process. In terms of fees you are likely to only pay one set of fees of £250 for the issue fee and £950 for the hearing fee

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is 2500 restriction on claim form..will it be secure to upload a RTF document as it states in the claim form ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2500 characters and the space available later also is not enough

You can submit the claim form by post - you can then attach additiona pages as needed. The paper form can be downloaded here:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/et001-eng.pdf

Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

You are welcome

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do I need to post copies of the claim form to the Respondents ? or will the tribunal do it ?

The tribunal does that