29905560

I employ a girl three days a week is she entitled to

I employ a girl three days a week is she entitled to maternity pay and leave. She has worked for the company for four months
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello how much does she earn?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
163;172.80 per week
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

HI there. Sorry. I sent you that response by accident. Could you also tell me how many hours she works over the 3 days and then leave it with me. I am in court today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
24 hours over three days
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I will deal with each entitlement separately:

Maternity pay – to be entitled, an employee must have been employed for at least 26 weeks by the end of the Qualifying Week, which is the 15th week before the expected week of childbirth (EWC). So you need to get her due date, work back 15 weeks and in that week she must have been employed by you for at least 26 weeks. In addition her normal weekly earnings must be at least £112.

Maternity leave – this will apply if she is an employee and gives you the correct notice, regardless of how long she has been there or what she earns. The required notice must be given to you at least 15 weeks before the due date – as long as she advises you of tis within the prescribed time limits she is due maternity leave.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.