29905560

I have been sent a letter from my employer disciplinary

Customer Question

I have been sent a letter from my employer for a disciplinary hearing from my employer regarding an investigation into my failure to report a criminal offence. Said offence was committed just prior to starting this job and at the time of applying was unaware that the matter would go to court. It went to court after I started the job and I never disclosed it. This was over 12 years ago and now employer is using this as grounds for gross misconduct and I could lose my job. I have worked hard for 12 years, no issues at any time, and considered a hard worker. What can I do to stop from losing the job?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How long have you been working there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As stated above, in these circumstances, can I actually lose my job, despite it being so long ago. What should I do when it comes to the investigative meeting
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you in a short while. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your questions to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Please can you confirm how long you have worked in this job. After you have provided this information, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have worked in the job for 12 years. Do not want to talk on phone.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you and no problem at all; I will email you instead and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity.