29905560

I have been on sick leave since 26th May 2016 following

Customer Question

I have been on sick leave since 26th May 2016 following surgery andpost surgery complications. All my medical certificates have been submitted on time. My last medical certificate signs me off until 8th August 2016. My last date of employment is 9th August 2016 as I resigned in May subject to a three month notice period. A representative from HR called me on 19th July 2016 to attend an occupational health appointment via telephone. I followed up via e-mail to ask about the purpose of the meeting as the company is in receipt of my medical certificates and given that I am leaving the company. Tne response I received from HR was the appointment was to better understand my current state of health and how the company could support me during my recovery. This seems a pointless exercise to me as I am leaving the company. The last few months have been very stressful for me following my surgery and two emergency admissons and stays in hospital. Can I politely decline to attend the OH appointment and thank the company for its offer of support?. I feel this is a fishing exercise for the company to find out what surgery I had as all my medical certificates stated post op complications or post op recovery and infection or post op recovery. Thank you in advance for any advice.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How long have you worked there all in all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 years on 18th June 2016
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for the delay in replying I had to call to re-set my password ***** I could not view your responses.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

please provide a contact number thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
07986 359738
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.