29905560

I am currently sub-contracted by a security company and

I am currently sub-contracted by a security company and yesterday it came to my attention that the same security company that sub-contract my services wants to make me an employee.
The reason why I am contacting you today is so I can clarify if I accept to be an employee for the other company, can I still run my own security company?
Basically, can I be an employee and also have my own business?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Jorge
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello are there any restrictions in your contract in relation to this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,The contract we have at the moment it is verbally only.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. It is entirely possible to be an employee and have your own business at the same time. Many employees have outside business interests and as long as you are up to date with taxes you are not legally prevented from doing both jobs. You do however have to watch out for any restrictions in your contract of employment. You may have a verbal contract now but when they take you on as an employee they may issue you with a written contract and you need to check if there are any restrictions in it preventing you from holding other employment or at least rewiring the employer’s consent before you do so. However, in the absence of this you can have your own business on the side.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you will have a special attention to those details.Regards
Jorge
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome, all the best