29905560

DO NOT CLOSE, NOT A DUPLICATE One of the sections in my

Customer Question

DO NOT CLOSE, NOT A DUPLICATE
One of the sections in my future employment contract states that:
" 8. HOURS OF EMPLOYMENT
8.1 You shall be required to work 39.5 hours each week excluding lunch breaks which you are entitled to. You may be required to work at any times within the Company’s normal operating hours which are:
(a)Monday to Thursday – 9:00am to 5:30pm
(b) Friday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
You shall be entitled to a lunch break of 30 minutes each day. You may be required to work additional hours to complete tasks on time.
8.2 You may be required to work such hours outside normal hours of employment as the Company considers necessary to meet the needs of the business. You shall not normally be paid for such further hours unless agreed with your line manager. If overtime is agreed with your line manager, ordinarily the following rates are payable:
(a) Overtime worked up to and including 41 hours per week – your basic hourly rate.
(b) Hours worked in excess of 41 hours per week – 1.5 times your basic hourly rate.
8.3 You may be required to work on weekends and public holidays during your employment and such “on-call” cover will be paid by the Company at a rate to be agreed on an individual basis.
8.4 You agree that the limit imposed by Regulation 4(1) of the Working Time Regulations 1998 (‘the Regulations’) shall not apply to you in that your average working time may therefore exceed 48 hours for each seven day period. Your consent under this clause shall apply from the date of this Agreement but is subject to your right to withdraw your consent at any time on giving three months notice in writing to the Company. You agree to comply with all policies of the Company from time to time in force relating to the maintenance of records of hours that you work. "
If I refuse to waive a 48 hours limit, would the company retract their job offer ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Hi there. Do you think you would want to work more than your contracted hours in the future?