29905560

I am currently filing a insurance claim for legal assistance

I am currently filing a insurance claim for legal assistance and have been asked for the following information. I do not understand the terminology of the request "PCP" and i have googled it but even more confused. The request is as follows
- Identify the provision, criterion or practice (PCP) that is complained of;
- Identify what disadvantage was created by this PCP and how it is said to have been created by your disability;
Is there a site where I could see a couple of examples or are you able to supply some as I do not want to reply incorrectly.
Thank You
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. What is the legal assistance for exactly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is to make a claim from my house insurance to fund a employment claim. They have already looked at the case and need further information? I have queried it with them too but also wanted to see if it is something simple and just a legal term?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you but what is the claim for exactly, what are you trying to claim - discrimination, unfair dismissal etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Oh Sorry Discrimination (Disability) and Bullying

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. A PCP is a feature in indirect discrimination where the discrimination does not arise directly because of the employer treating someone detrimentally just because they are disabled, but they apply a practice, criterion or principle, which when in place, places the disabled person at a disadvantage.

So what is a PCP then…it could be practices in the workplace, such as requirements for employees to do something, it could be workplace policies and rules, it could be selection criteria in a redundancy exercise, it could be the hours of work or job requirements, it could be something in the working environment, recruitment practices, etc. there are plenty of possible examples, what you must be able to identify is what has the employer done or applied, which makes you believe that you have been placed at a disadvantage as a result.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you