29905560

I have had one verbal warning and one written warning and

Customer Question

I have had one verbal warning and one written warning and now a final written warning that will be held on my file for 12 months ? Is this correct ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.
Hello what do you think is incorrect about this please?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't know as I have never had this happen to me before, the ACAS site say's a reasonable time for it to be kept on file.... is 12 months a reasonable time?
a reasonable time is usually 6-12 months. Too long would be something like 18-24 months but quite often it is 12 months. I have seen dozens of examples of such lengths for warnings to be kept on file
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have worked for him for 3 years and 9 months and has taken me all this time to trust me due to previous empoyees, he also added verbally that someone has been going through his private files in his office and CCTV points to me which is totally incorrect. Can I ask for it to be altered to 6 months ?

There is certainly nothing stopping you from doing so but legally you cannot force him to, if he wants t keep it for 12 months he is within his rights to do so

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I will let you know tomorrow what happens, thank you

You are welcome. If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.