29905560

I was banned for drink driving in Dec-12 for 28 months, with

I was banned for drink driving in Dec-12 for 28 months, with a 7 month reduction for completing a drink drivers awareness course. Is this considered a spent conviction? So when asked do I have any unspent convictions can I rightfully answer no?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.

Hello are you being asked for job applications?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've been offered a job which includes a company car. I'm waiting on my offer letter
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just checking you're still there?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've added some files for reference
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please can you confirm if you're still there?

Hi there sorry not sure what happened I think the files may have crashed the chat but all seems resolved now so I will review these and get back to you

In this case you had two convictions – one was the disqualification from driving and the other was the court fine. When a conviction becomes spent depends on the rehabilitation period for that specific type of conviction. In the case of disqualifications, it is the period of disqualification. Even if you took the full length of the disqualification (28 months), it would have become spent in April 2015. The fine would have become spent a year after it was issued, so in both circumstances you have now got spent convictions. Therefore, if you are now asked if you have any unsent convictions, you can say no because both of your convictions have now become spent.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Many thanks. I also had driving without insurance and not in accordance with a licence. I think i sent you the screen shot? Are these also spent?

There was no separate penalty for this offence by the looks of it so it would not be taken into account

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** put my mind to rest. I guess I just need to wait for the company car risk assessment, but that's a different story! Appreciate your help, Claire

You are most welcome and all the best. If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you