29905560

I've signed a contract for a job, working as a loan out

Customer Question

I've signed a contract for a job, working as a loan out company, which had a start date january 2015… the job was due to finish july 2016 but is continuing on. was estimated to finish september, now I've been told november (but i can foresee it going in to 2017)
the contract has no 'end date' written down - how can i force an end date agreement as they refuse to give me an official date and they won't terminate my contract.
I don't want to resign myself but I'd like to know where i stand
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Apologies for the delay. Is there a notice period of any kind in the contract or anything related to the termination of it?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Also just to check are you working as an employee or on a self employed (contractor) basis?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a weeks notice period (for both parties) for termination. And no I'm not PAYE.I work under a Ltd company, so invoice them weekly through that
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. It would not be possible to force them to issue an end date but you can argue that there was an end date to start with and they have continued extending he contract without there being any contractual provision allowing them to do so. As such, whilst you have agreed to work a bit longer to help them, you are no longer prepared to do so. It would therefore be best to give them a specific end date that you nominate and state that this is the end date of the contract and you are not prepared to work under any further extensions. Also you have the right to terminate this agreement with a week’s notice so at any time you can issue that to terminate the contract. There is nothing wrong with resigning and you have the explicit contractual right to terminate the contract yourself so if needed you should not hesitate using that.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you