29905560

I retired from teaching at Bowdon Prep School in July this

Customer Question

I retired from teaching at Bowdon Prep School in July this year after 17 years. In September, I decided to work 75% from 11am til 4.30. On 9 Dec I returned to full time as maternity cover.
On 4 July the teacher on maternity leave returned. I carried on working full time until we finished on 8 July. When I received my summer holiday pay, the school had dropped my salary back down to 75% from 9 July. There was no letter of explanation for this reduction, they simply assumed that I would understand this reduced salary.
I would really appreciate it if you could tell me whether the school is correct in changing my salary, or if this maternity cover is deemed as overtime from Dec to July.
Mrs Imelda Dooley
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. Was there a contract in place which detailed how long this cover position was going to last for?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Was there a contract in place which detailed how long this cover position was going to last for?