29905560

Is it possible to claim both victimisation and

Customer Question

Is it possible to claim both victimisation and discrimination for the same incident if they were disabled ie if that member of staff said they were victimised because they were denied access to training because they had made a previous complaint due to a protected characteristic but also it was discriminatory because t hey should have been supported with training to help them stay employed.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

It is possible to claim both discrimination and victimisation for the same incident, although what is more common is that these two claims are pleaded in the alternative, i.e. claim that there was discrimination or if that is rejected then in the alternative claim that it was victimisation instead, or vice versa. But technically there is nothing stopping someone from claiming both of these at the same time, the likelihood is that the tribunal may find that only one of these occurred but to claim them both at the start is possible.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.