29905560

Can an employer check and find out what was my previous type

Can an employer check and find out what was my previous type of employment i.e if it was a contract or permanent?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Is this in relation to a job you are currently in or a job that you have applied for?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Please can you also provide some background information? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ben,A job that I am in currently. I've just started.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you please tell me if the current employer has access to this information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you please also tell me if I can work on a contract basis instead of on a permanent basis?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK, leave it with me. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get

back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your questions to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I experienced some temporary connection issues and could not get back on the site until now. All appears to be resolved now so I can continue dealing with your query.

There is no register as such where the employer may be able to find out such information. However, there are ways that they could try and do so. For example, in your P45 it will state who your previous permanent employer was – if you were working as a contractor then you may have been working under your own limited company and the employer’s name may not match what you could have told the employer. Also if the employer seeks a reference from the previous employer then they may request such information from them or it could simply be revealed in the reference anyway.

It is entirely possible to work on a contract basis rather than on a permanent basis – this is something between you and the employer to decide.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben,Thank you for the answers. This was useful information.Kind regards.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome, all the best