29905560

Currently been dismissed from work and got an appeal hearing

Currently been dismissed from work and got an appeal hearing next week. Due to be paid Monday. Will I be paid? Was going to be getting P45, but since appeal is in what am I entitled to?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Before I can advise you fully, please can you tell me how long ago were you dismissed and how long you worked there for?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Decision to dismiss was confirmed in writing on the 7 August and I have been with them almost 9 years

OK, thank you for your response. Please could you also tell me the reason for your dismissal? I will then review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here after you have provided this information as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I didn't clock in for a shift, it was found that my conduct was unsatisfactory and that dismissal was a reasonable disciplinary action!

Thanks for your patience. Even if you have been dismissed and regardless of the reasons for dismissal you are still entitled to be paid for all time worked up until the dismissal. So in you are due to be paid on Monday for this month then you should still receive that amount still although if you were dismissed on the 7th you would only be paid up until that day.

Having an appeal in progress does not really change much. You are still officially dismissed and they should issue the P45 regardless of whether an appeal is in. If the appeal is successful then your position will be reinstated and your P45 will no longer be relevant. However they should still issue it in the meantime. Also if you are reinstated you should be paid for the time between dismissal and reinstatement.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'