29905560

Dear I am nurse and I working at Nursing home, at present I

Dear
I am nurse and I working at Nursing home, at present I am on sick note from 27.07 to 7.09.16. I have a foot injury and after this I would like to back to work but Not for 12hours shift just 8. The company cant give me 8 hours shift. What can I do ? Because I am unable to work 12 hours can I stop work immediately after sick note or I must give them 3 months notice as per my contract.
Ilona
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 10 months ago.

How long have you worked there?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
5 years, ful time
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What can I do? I looking for new job but I need a time for this. I can stay longe on doctor notes but I need a money to pay my bils. The company dont like give me half shift but I am unable to work 12 hours.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** my colleague has asked me to assist with your query as it is more my area of law.

If you are unable to work the usual 12 hour shifts because of your injury then you can make a formal request for flexible working, requesting that your employer changes your working hours to accommodate your preferred shift pattern. However, they can reject it and if that happens and you cannot work 12h shifts then you have the following options:

1. You can work the 12h shifts if you can, but I understand that may not be possible for you

2. You can continue being signed off work because you cannot actually do the job you are expected to do. In the meantime you can give in your notice and remain on sick leave for the duration of the notice period.

3. You can negotiate with the employer to allow you to leave with immediate effect

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.

Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'