29905560

Ben I am asking on behalf of a colleague who has come to me

Customer Question

Hi Ben
I am asking on behalf of a colleague who has come to me this morning to advise that her son works in a factory; he has less than 2 years service. On Tuesday, he left a heat gun on a chair; a supervisor joked with him about the fact that he had nearly 'burnt his bum'. They apparently had a light hearted conversation about it and left on good terms. Shortly afterwards, the son was asked to go to HR who advised they had had a complaint made about him and it was serious as it was related to H&S.
He was sent home and asked to come back in the next day at 9:30 - no option of being accompanied.
He went in yesterday to find that the HR manager was being accompanied by her son who was taking the notes; she proceeded to comment on his appearance and performance.
At this point the son that he wanted to understand what was going on and said that 'he knew people' meaning that he knew people who would be able to advise him from a legal perspective.
The HR Manager started to scream and shout at this point and demanded he leave the premises immediately as he had threatened her.
He was told to come back tomorrow morning.
I'm expecting them to dismiss him tomorrow and I don't think he is going to be able to do anything as he has less than 2 years service - would this be your view?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

I presume there are no other factors that have led them to potentially reach a decision to dismiss?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not that I am aware of
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not that I am Aware of
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not that I am aware
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.