29905560

Hoping you can help. I worked for a Civil Service department

Customer Question

Hoping you can help. I worked for a Civil Service department until earlier this year when I was dismissed on ill health grounds. I have a pre-existing existing disability which they knew of. Previously reasonable adjustments at no cost or impact to others had been made until new management were implemented, then these were withdrawn which led to my disability getting worse and me being signed off with work related stress. The employer ignored all OH and medical reports stating adjustments to be reinstated and chose to dismiss.I was fortunate enough to get legal help at the time and was told this along with numerous other incidents amounted to various acts of disability discrimination along with unfair dismissal. The employer said they’d pay me 100% compensation under the Civil Service Compensation Scheme which was equivalent to one years salary. The payment has been made. However it’s a few thousand pounds less. Apparently this is due to how they calculate it and “rounding of figures”. My Civil Service Pensions also state the employer shouldn’t have said 100% compensation = 1 year salary.Is there any way to challenge this or worth doing so? Also, I’ve received my final payslip which shows 2 amounts on there – one being my notice pay, the other this lump compensation amount which reads “payment net adjustment”. Is this normal on such a document and/or anything to worry about?Many thanks for your help
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry. I responded to you by accident. I will opt out so that another expert can assist you. Many thanks

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes I'm fine to continue waiting as long as I receive some form of answer. Thank you very much for letting me know - it's much appreciated.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiIf you could continue to search I'd be grateful as I need an answer please. Sorry for the inconvenience.Thanks very much
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiSorry but are you saying there is no expert whatsoever that is able to answer my query?Thanks
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We have not been able to find anyone unfortunately, hence the offer of a refund. It is quite a specialist question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll opt for the refund please as I'm not quite sure where else to turn to in order to seek an answer.Thanks very much