29905560

I am in the unfortunate process of having to make someone

Hi, I am in the unfortunate process of having to make someone redundant. I am offering Voluntary redundancy as part of the process with a slightly enhanced package and restrictions removed. She is concerned it will impact her entitlement to benefits, because she is volunteering for rather than being made redundant. Is she right to have this concern? Or does it not make any difference? Thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

It should not make a difference because a redundancy is a redundancy whether voluntary or not. There is nothing that would formally differentiate between the two - as far as she is concerned the employment would be terminated by reason of redundancy and the word voluntary does not need to be mentioned anywhere - it is more of an internal thing for you to determine how you select those to be made redundant.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That's great, thank you for confirming what i thought....

You are most welcome